This blog is about my experience with the Serve in PNG program with Wycliffe Bible Translators. To find out more about Serve in PNG click here for the official website. ^_^

Sunday, March 27, 2011

3.27


Today we had church in our village. The church building is literally like five steps from our house. They start by singing in their language, but the rest of the service is in tok Pisin (except for the other songs throughout the service). The pastor asked me to translate the Bible into their language, but I had to tell them its not my decision whether one language gets translated over another. I told them I could only put their name of the list of languages that want a Bible and he was satisfied with that. Tok Pisin is such a vague language, and you can interpret things to your liking if you want because its so vague, that’s why they need a translation they said. I agree.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Host | lasik surgery new york | cpa website solutions