This blog is about my experience with the Serve in PNG program with Wycliffe Bible Translators. To find out more about Serve in PNG click here for the official website. ^_^

Thursday, June 30, 2011

6.14

This is by far the worst village I have ever been to.  Its called Ramo and its pretty unique, all the houses are in one community and their gardens are outside of it, usually houses are clustered in tiny village, but this one is huge, more than 20-30 houses all together.  We got in and ALL the kids and people came to stare at us…ALL!!!  That's like 200 people just surrounding us to look at us.  I needed to do another word list, so I found a random person and asked them to do it for me, and then told everyone I needed all the kids to leave because it needed to be quiet.  But no one left, the word list is so bad, I can hardly hear anything.  All the kids are talking and all the parents are yelling at them to be quiet.  They have no control over them at all.  A new company came in and now all the parents go off to work, leaving no one in the village to look after the kids, so they run wild, burning outhouses, fighting….I can't handle being stared at like this.  I feel like I'm gonna through up.  I can't wait to leave here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Host | lasik surgery new york | cpa website solutions