This blog is about my experience with the Serve in PNG program with Wycliffe Bible Translators. To find out more about Serve in PNG click here for the official website. ^_^

Sunday, April 17, 2011

4.17


Today we went to another village to talk to some relative of our Waspapa. (I don’t know how hes related exactly, but usually everyone we meet is introduced as brother….) He is trying to start something to get more tourists in the area. He wants an arrangement with a tourist company to get a tour to the caves I wrote about before and get singsing groups to perform for people that come on “big ships” I don’t know what kind of big ships he was trying to talk about, but I thought of cruise ships (the only big ships I know that have tourists). I don’t know if there are cruises that go to PNG. Anyways, he wanted me to talk to the government and get their help. I didn’t know how to respond to something like that so I said I don’t have that kind of power and that he should probably talk to the companies first and get their opinions of things. How do you answer something like that? I don’t know anything about tourism and PNG government/economics. O well, I hope I was at least a little helpful....I felt bad not being able to help….this is a picture of the singsing area he is preparing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Host | lasik surgery new york | cpa website solutions