This blog is about my experience with the Serve in PNG program with Wycliffe Bible Translators. To find out more about Serve in PNG click here for the official website. ^_^

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

4.27


This is our last day in the village. We gave our wasfemili their gifts and they were really excited about them. Our Waspapa didn’t want anything but my Tok Pisin Bible because he didn’t have one. We gave the kids a soccer ball and lots of toys, a kids Bible and comic books, we gave them our mattresses and our pot oven too. I also left all my clothes for them (except the ones Im wearing out AHAHAHA! Although I guess I could wear my grass skirt and bilum!) They’ve given us so many bilums and singsing decorations too. I have a clay pot that they usually give as part of a bride price and they killed a pig in our honor. Im going to be sad to leave them. Our family is already crying thinking about us leaving :(

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Host | lasik surgery new york | cpa website solutions