This blog is about my experience with the Serve in PNG program with Wycliffe Bible Translators. To find out more about Serve in PNG click here for the official website. ^_^

Thursday, February 24, 2011

2.24


We went spent the night in the village Thursday night. It was…interesting…hahaha :D We had a good time with our family, played lots of games and talked and storied and learned how to make a bilum (a type of purse/bag they make from string). They fed us lots of food and it was yummy. Even the liklik haus (toilet) was nice. It was just a hole in the ground with two boards across to put your feet when you squat, but it was clean, no bugs…smelled bad, but I’d rather have a bad smell than a roach on my bum ^_^. Anyways, the only bad part was the sleeping. Since it was only one night and I didn’t want to walk with lots of stuff, all I brought to sleep on was a yoga mat. I used my skirt as a blanket and balled up meriblouse as a pillow. I didn’t sleep at all though. O well, at least Friday is an easy day and we get to sleep in on Saturday! :D :D :D YAY!

Anyways, there’s lots of pictures I will put as my photolog for next week. This one here is just a preview, it’s the outside of the house. That’s me in the bright blue and yellow. :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Host | lasik surgery new york | cpa website solutions