This blog is about my experience with the Serve in PNG program with Wycliffe Bible Translators. To find out more about Serve in PNG click here for the official website. ^_^

Thursday, May 12, 2011

5.12

 

We went to Kainantu today, which is a town about 30 minutes away from Ukarumpa.  It has stores, market, etc, like Madang town but very much not like Madang town too.  In Madang the sun is shining, the ocean is right there, people smile/laugh when they see you, and are generally really really nice.  To me it has a happy kind of feel to it.  Kainantu is very different.  It was cloudy and rainy, people don't smile at you or seem to like you for no reason.  I felt kind of oppressive to me.  I was glad to leave.  My massive allergy attack the whole time there didn't help either.  I could barely keep my eyes open.  Anyways, tomorrow I start work again YAY!  :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Host | lasik surgery new york | cpa website solutions