This blog is about my experience with the Serve in PNG program with Wycliffe Bible Translators. To find out more about Serve in PNG click here for the official website. ^_^

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

5.5

 

The translation teams started their translations today, working on Genesis 1-8.  They did research last night to prepare them for the translation today.  I helped the Nankina language group and after an hour they had finished the first 2 verses.  They translated it quickly into their language, but what took the longest was retranslating into English again for checking.  They didn't have to do that just yet because that's next weeks assignment, and when I told them that they all had a look of relief on their faces.  Then they said that now their translation was going to go much faster because I helped them, but all I did was give a suggestion.  O well, if they thought I was useful then I am happy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Host | lasik surgery new york | cpa website solutions