This blog is about my experience with the Serve in PNG program with Wycliffe Bible Translators. To find out more about Serve in PNG click here for the official website. ^_^

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

5.4

 

Today I started work already.  I am helping in translation class for Papua New Guineans as a mentor.  The class is meant to Papua New Guinean translators learn about Bible background/history, how to analyze their language, how to do research in different English, Greek, Hebrew and Tok Pisin Bibles and translate to their language.  It's a month long course and I might be there the whole month and I might not, I don't know yet.  My job in the class is to help the teams in whatever way they want without doing the work for them.  There different kinds of teams here, ones with a missionary that speaks English and independent ones that started their translation projects on their own and don't have a missionary.  Im mostly helping the ones that don't have a missionary because they have the difficulty of not know much English (most of the good resources on Greek and Hebrew are in English, so they have to look at those to make the best translation possible.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Host | lasik surgery new york | cpa website solutions